"Nan - Thank you for your wonderful presentation to our assistants. Your message was loud and strong: assistants today are a very important aspect of ethical issues in the workplace."
Assistant to the Chairman/CEO
New York City, NY
More Testimonials >
This Ethics Workshop
….will shed light on how to best handle ethical
workplace dilemmas while upholding one’s personal and professional
can be done!)
reality-based examples (some ripped from today’s headlines) and enjoyable,
interactive discussion, participants will:
- Examine timely workplace issues – for lessons learned.
- Develop their own warning signals – Ethical Dilemma Ahead!
- Discover how to navigate ethical dilemmas with their bosses, peers and subordinates. Everyone wins!
- Gain a fresh awareness of the meaning of the culpability of all employees in the workplace today. It’s a good thing!
- Identify key components to maintaining The Ethical Workplace.
Main Themes Are:
- The New Accountability factor in Work Ethics Today
- Loyalty Redefined to a Commitment to Doing The Right Thing
- The Significance of Confidentiality/Security on the Job
- The Importance of Integrity and Respect In The Workplace
- How to Stay True to your Ethical Priority Compass®
Download Sample Flyers >
GENERAL OUTLINE – (all interspersed with discussion)
The New Accountability
- Personal accountability
Identifying Ethical and Moral Dilemmas
- Morals versus ethical dilemmas
- Your stages of moral development
- The “It depends” theory
- Your Ethical Priority Compass®
- Judgment calls about “Doing the right thing!”
- Loyalty versus blind allegiance
- Company protection
- Today's New Commitment
- The Golden Rule of Confidentiality
- Information protection/safeguarding security
- Protecting your supervisor(s) and your company
Harassment and Behavior Issues
- Kinds of harassment (bullying, etc.)
- Workplace romance
- Gossip - the good and the bad
- Recovering from a major screw-up
Maintaining The Ethical Workplace
- The Three “C’s”
- Communication tools ("How can I say that?”)
- Trust and integrity issues
Attendees will depart this energizing Workshop with renewed pride in their own professionalism on the job and pride in their company’s championing of The Ethical Workplace.
***All sessions qualify for Continued Education Units (CEU’s).***
More of what they are saying...
“Thank you for a wonderful presentation and for an engaging case study session. Our participants were very pleased to see that we included a session on ethics in our program for the Workshop for Board Professionals and that the lessons were very relevant to their work.”
Merrill P. Schwartz, Ph.D, Director of Research
Association of Governing Boards of Universities/Colleges
“Nan DeMars uses case studies and humor to spread awareness about this essential topic. Nan’s office ethics seminars should be required training for every administrative professional. We were fortunate to have Scott Baucum, our Global Ethics Director, participate in the session. He not only enjoyed the day but said even HE learned a few new things!”
St. Louis, MO
“Nan – thanks for another fabulous set of sessions! Lucy Hernandez (Compliance Officer) agreed you really made the day a success. We’re delighted you are coming back to BP in the Fall.”
Business Readiness Manager
British Petroleum (BP)
“We have received so many compliments and accolades from your Seminar that my manager, Raul Luzarraga, VP of Human Resources, asked me what I had them put in the luncheon fish!”
METRO of Harris County